|Prep Time: 30 mins
- 2 x 85g strawberry or raspberry flavoured jelly
- 300 ml Black and Gold thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 2 x 400g Bakers Oven jam sponge roll, sliced, and cubed
- 2 x100g Country Chef meringue kisses
- 900 g double thick custard
- 3 mangoes, sliced
- Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries for topping
- Mint leaves and raspberry coulis for garnish
- Prepare the jelly as per packet instructions and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks.
- To assemble, place the sponge cubes on the base of the trifle bowl then layer with custard, jelly, meringue and mango. Repeat until you get to the top of the bowl finishing with a layer of whipped cream. Top with berries, mint leaves and a drizzle of coulis.
Use any seasonal fruit you have. The addition of peaches would be delicious or for a more decadent version, try chocolate sponge rolls and shavings of chocolate on top.
You can find this recipe here.